The Importance of a Comprehensive Fire Detection System in Your Business Premises
No matter what industry you work in, as a business owner, it is vitally important that you are aware of fire risks and legislation within the workplace. Correct fire detection can be one of the most prudent measures you can take in protecting your building against the worst, should it happen. Yet, should you not have the correct fire detection in place in your Bristol business premises, you should make this addition as soon as possible.
Here at Brunel Fire & Security, we are a proud Bristol-based company with over 25 years of experience in providing tailored fire detection solutions across Bristol. We are both proudly SAFE contractor approved and CHAS accredited, so you have the peace of mind that we can provide you with a completely tailored security solution and fire detection systems in Bristol that will keep both you and your premises safe.
So, for more information on our fire detection systems in Bristol and how we can help you to make your business safer and to arrange a full fire and security risk assessment, be sure to give our team a ring today on 0117 259 1000.
Why Should You Install a Fire Detection System With Brunel Fire & Security?
If you have never had to experience what it is like to pick up the pieces and recover from a fire, then you should count yourself lucky. Fires in the UK contribute to £8 billion of damage to homes and businesses annually. Many businesses simply do not recover afterwards. The most important takeaway is that the vast majority of these fires could have been mitigated with a fire detection system. Other reasons to install a fire detection system include;
- Fire detection systems save lives. This is potentially one of the most important reasons to install a correct fire detection system is to make your building safe for your employees and customers. A combination of various fire detection products will give anyone in the building ample time to evacuate.
- Fire detection systems also reduce property loss. Whilst alarms don’t actively put out fires, they instantly alert the people who can. A typical fire control process will begin when trained personnel attacks a fire with an extinguisher and other bystanders call the fire brigade. Whereas, fire detection systems will automatically notify emergency services. The faster that these responses happen, the sooner the fire is dealt with and the less damage that your building will sustain.
- Fire alarms shorten your recovery time. Less building damage will mean that there is much shorter downtime until you can reopen for business. This will also cut your losses.
- Fire detection systems may provide you with insurance discounts. Most insurance companies will offer discounted rates on business insurance policy premiums if you have a compliant fire detection system. In fact, some may even require you to have such a system before you can insure your business.
- Fire detection systems keep you legally compliant. Regulations set out by the UK government, in fact, require you to have a fire detection system.
Brunel’s 7 Step Process to Better Business Security
Ensuring that the fire detection in your Bristol premises is correct, as mentioned above, extremely important. Our cutting edge technology will rapidly detect fires, keep damage to a minimum and reduce disruption to your business. All of our systems will be tailored to your needs and we always make sure that the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 is implemented in each we provide.
When we provide your fire detection system, we will always carry out a 7 step process, to ensure that you always receive a cost-effective solution for your Bristol premises, which includes;
- Fire risk assessment
- Current systems review
- Fire alarms and fire detection systems design
- Fire system management